We do not currently have any job vacancies.
Volunteer at the Red Brick Building
We are always looking for volunteers. Please see our volunteering page for full details, as well as below for current voluntary Board vacancies.
Would you like to join our Board?
We are also looking for a number of new Board members. These are voluntary roles and you must have time to commit to the organisation. Here’s the general role description and details of specific roles are below. Get in touch if you’re interested!
VOLUNTEER Secretary: Board of Directors
Purpose of the role:
To be responsible for:
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted
- Maintaining effective records and administration
- Upholding the legal requirements of governing documents and community benefit society law
Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted
- Liaising with the Chair to plan meetings
- Receiving agenda items from Board members
- Circulating agendas and reports
- Taking minutes of the meetings
- Circulating approved minutes
- Checking that agreed actions are carried out
Maintaining effective records
- Upholding legal requirements
- Checking quorum present at meetings
- Ensuring elections are in line with necessary procedures and organising the AGM
- Ensuring charity and company law requirements are met
- Ensuring the organisation’s activities are in line with its objects
- Arranging for the organisation’s accounts to be audited
- Sending annual returns to the FCA
- No formal qualifications are required for this role
- Organised with an eye for detail
- Commitment to the organisation
We are seeking a Treasurer on a voluntary basis to join our Board of Directors.
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The role and person specification are summarised below.
General financial oversight
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements.
- To liaise with designated staff about financial matters.
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation for Community Benefit Society
- To ensure any recommendations of the auditors are implemented.
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
Financial planning and reporting
- To present financial reports to the committee.
- To make a presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting (AGM).
- To advise on the organisation’s reserves policy, investment policy and loans policy.
- To advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
- To advise on the fundraising strategy of the organisation.
- To ensure that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the organisation.
- To chair meetings of the Finance Sub-Committee.
- To sit on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
Qualities and Skills Preferred
- Experience of financial control and budgeting.
- Experience of fundraising and pension schemes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to be contacted on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
- Good time-keeping.
Time Commitment: The role of the Treasurer requires an estimated commitment of: Up to 2 days a month including attending a 2-hour Board meeting once a month and a Finance Committee meeting once a month.
For further information please contact: Sarah Sander-Jackson by email email@example.com
If you’d like to get involved head over to our volunteering pages as we have loads of exciting opportunities.