When: Tuesday 17 July
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: The Event SpaceShare:
Go Wild at the Red Brick Building over the summer!
To coincide with the school summer holidays, we’re delighted to announce that we will be hosting the British Wildlife Photography Awards, in partnership with Somerset Wildlife Trust, for the second year running.
An exhibition of more than 70 winning images from 2017 will be displayed from 17th July until 25th August as a part of a tour starting in London. From urban foxes to staring birds, badgers to snails, every picture will inspire and delight you.
The Awards have a number of aims, including:
- Recognise the talents of photographers practicing in the UK, while at the same time highlight the great wealth and diversity of Britain’s natural history.
- Celebrate British wildlife, in all its beauty and diversity, through a collection of inspirational photographs.
- Showcase the very best of our nature photography to a wide audience and engage all ages with evocative and powerful imagery.
- Encourage discovery, exploration, conservation and enjoyment of our natural heritage.
- Raise awareness about British biodiversity, species and habitats.
Winners include Somerset’s own photographer, Victoria Hillman. The exhibition showcases the wealth and diversity of Britain’s natural history, with the hope of inspiring people to protect and appreciate the wildlife in their local area.
The exhibition is free to enter. Voluntary donations are welcome and will be shared equally between Red Brick Building going to support the local community work and bring more outstanding exhibitions to the area, and Somerset Wildlife Trust to support their work in conserving our county’s wonderful wildlife and habitats – some of which will be on display in the exhibition.
Alongside the exhibition there will be some art workshops (keep checking here for details) as well as a Go Wild With Your Camera Walk.
Last year over 1,000 people visited the exhibition – we’d love to see even more people appreciating this amazing exhibition and visiting our lovely community-owned building. You can always linger but enjoying a drink and food at the Bocabar too.
This exhibition has been kindly sponsored by Courtenay Investments.