- This event has passed.
When: Tuesday 12 February
Time: 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Cost: £11 - £15
Art Classes for Adults
With the Unexpected Gypsy
These Art Classes are designed so you can join in at any time and dip in-and-out too.
- They are for adults of ANY ability
- They will focus on different areas in 6-8 week blocks
- They will be organically student-led, with informal tutoring
Times & Prices
There are two classes per week, both held in the Studio:
- Wednesday afternoons, 12.00pm – 1.30pm (£11)
- Tuesday evenings, 7.30pm -9.00pm (£15)
You can sign up to each whole block (and receive a 10% discount), or dip in and out as you wish.
Classes run during term-time only but there will be a special Summer School.
What to Expect
Wendy will be sharing details of her own personal practise, experience and expertise to inspire you to be brave in your own personal approach. She will help you overcome any self-doubt and also the dreaded FEAR of the blank canvas! She will remind you that your mistakes are your best lessons and in order to have the creative break-throughs, you need the ‘messy middles’ and that pile of bad artwork!
Topics that will be covered over the longer term:
- Drawing skills
- Still life
- Life Drawing (with a clothed model)
- Studying with the Great Masters (learning skills from the famous artists)
- Mixed Media
- Words and Art
- Altered Books
- Mermaids and Fairy Tales and Magical Creatures
- Painting techniques
- Art Journals
We will be sharing our experiences, process and techniques to allow for a collaborative, supporting & creative approach establishing a safe place to ‘make.’
There will be a list of suggested materials accompanying each block topic, although basic art supplies will be provided.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be offered in our relaxed classroom and you are welcome to bring a snack or lunch or supper to have in the class, too.
ART IS MEDICINE
Feed your Soul
Intentions of the Class:
- To teach the technical art skills to mixed ability adults (from absolute beginners to more advanced artists
- To support all aspects of students creativity to build confidence and joy!
- To teach a broad range of subjects within the art spectrum
- To teach in blocks of 6 or 8 weeks to focus on the different areas; drawing, painting, mixed media, art journals, altered books, life drawing, etc.
- To set up a safe atmosphere to facilitate brave experimentation
- To provide an inspirational group set up for sharing our processes and learning
- To focus on areas in an organic way depending on the wishes/needs of the people that attend
- To teach aspects of colour theory and composition – ongoing
- To focus on process as much as final results
- To investigate process as a means to help us use art as a medium for mental and emotional medicine
- To use some aspects of art therapy teaching how to process emotions, stress help support our daily lives
Further information and to register
Email Wendy: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Unexpected Gypsy