- This event has passed.
When: Tuesday 15 January
Time: 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Cost: £11 - £15
These Art Classes –
* are for adults of ANY ability
* will focus on different areas in 6-8 week blocks
* will be organically student-led, with informal tutoring
There will be two classes per week; one held in the Studio on Wednesdays over lunch-time and also Tuesday evenings – in the Artisan Studio. You can sign up to each whole block or dip in and out.
Intentions of the Class –
– to teach the technical art skills to mixed ability adults (from absolute beginners to more advanced artists
– to support all aspects of students creativity to build confidence and joy!
– to teach a broad range of subjects within the art spectrum
– to teach in blocks of 6 or 8 weeks to focus on the different areas; drawing, painting, mixed media, art journals, altered books, life drawing, etc.
– to set up a safe atmosphere to facilitate brave experimentation
– to provide an inspirational group set up for sharing our processes and learning
– to focus on areas in an organic way depending on the wishes/needs of the people that attend
– to teach aspects of colour theory and composition – ongoing
– to focus on process as much as final results
– to investigate process as a means to help us use art as a medium for mental and emotional medicine
– to use some aspects of art therapy teaching how to process emotions, stress help support our daily lives
Wendy will be sharing details of her own personal practise, experience and expertise to inspire you to be brave in your own personal approach. She will help you overcome your doubts and fears!
Topics that will be covered over the long-term –
still life, abstract, faces and portraits, painting, mixed media, collage, vision boards, journals and altered books, life drawing, intuitive art, words and art, mandalas and doodles, sewing pages, watercolour/ink techniques as well as looking at art history and learning from some of the masters.
We will be sharing our experiences, process and techniques to allow for a sharing & creative approach and a safe place to ‘make.’
ART IS MEDICINE – Feed your Soul
There will be a list of suggested materials accompanying each block topic. Wendy also hopes to provide basic art materials too.
Tea and coffee will be offered and you are welcome to bring a snack or lunch to have in the class too.
Please, email Wendy – (email@example.com) with any questions you may have and to register early to get your early bird discounts.
The Unexpected Gypsy